quarta-feira, julho 07, 2010

Farewell, Dedeco.

This is Indy. We called him Dedeco. He died yesterday evening. How old was he? Maybe 16 years old. I wish I could say he was a happy dog. But he's been blind and deaf for the past few years, he couldn't chew well because he lost some teeth and he had no space, he was living locked in the kitchen. We decided to keep him there after he went deaf and blind, because he was hitting the doorways of the house and doing his business in the wrong places. When he was a healthy dog, he also used to do his business in the wrong places, so the house has been (for at least good 8 years) smelling like dog pee. He used to cry a lot in the middle of the night, upseting us and our neighbors and with an unbelievable volume for a dog, really really high and when he was little, my mom dropped for two times a can of beans on his head. Lots of the events in the house surrounded this dog. My father left us when he used Indy's towel after shower, to become dry. We thought it was funny, but he was so pissed that he decided to move out. This was, of course, just the last drop. (...) Dedeco was going to be put to sleep this Thursday, and the Gods know for how long my mom has been struggling with this idea. When she finally decided to do it, he passed away a day before. Better this way. Still I feel sad, I wish I was there to kiss him goodbye and to be beside my family, because it is a big change in times. Farewell, Dedequinho. Schlaf gut.

Nenhum comentário: