segunda-feira, fevereiro 11, 2008

Holy Cow

To me, all cows are holy, as well as all animals. In fact, I even dare to compare myself to them and treat them like equals. Am I less of a human for not subjugating other beings? Do YOU think so?

(. . .)

One of the reasons why the ancient indians used to sing for the death of their animals, the animals serving as their food, was because they respected every single soul in the planet and they knew, because they lived very close to them, observing the animals, the equals we are, that they had souls. And they knew it; they turned their attention to nature to absorb the qualities of the animals for power and physical strength. How to deny it?

So today, when I eat meat it's not only because of the paladar, once I've been a vegetarian and could easily become one again, but for that same strength the ancients were seeking. And I respect and I am thankful for that meat, that what I eat can make me a better person than I already am. And I think cows are holy, have I ever mentioned that before?

Nenhum comentário: